MC Homes has one mission – to build custom dream homes for clients in the Paducah and Kentucky Lake region of west Kentucky. Since we began in 2010, we have been asked the same questions from potential clients wanting to better understand what the overall cost of their potential build might be. For those of you considering building in the near future, we have put this complimentary guide together to answer some of those questions.
First of all, remember the homes we build are custom designed, so each project has a unique set of costs. What your family needs (such as the number of bedrooms, the size of your kitchen, living room or garage, etc.) will determine what the overall cost of your custom build will be.
Here’s a list of things to consider when it comes to determining the price your dream home will ultimately be:
- Plumbing & electrical: These comprise a majority of the costs of a new custom home.
- Special features: These may include some potentially necessary additions and amenities that can increase the comfort and functionality of your home.
- Interior wall & ceiling finish: The prices of these will depend on the size of home/ number of rooms, as well as on the variety of material you select for the walls and ceilings to be constructed of.
- Wall framing & exterior finish: Finishing prices depend on the amount and type of siding, trim, doors and windows.
- Roof: The cost of the roof depends on the size of the building as well as the material used to complete the roof.
- Kitchen & bath detail: This cost varies widely depending on the type and quality of the materials used, the size of these spaces, and any specialty features you might choose to include.
- Foundation: Foundation costs are comprised of preparing & excavating, concrete pouring and backfilling. Some homes may even require the additional costs associated with sealing, draining, humidifying and insulating.
- Floor structure & finish: Endurance, noise insulation, comfort and cleaning effort come into play, with— again— the quality and type of material chosen for construction determining much of the cost.
- Interior detail: These details are the features that add to the value, comfort, and design interest of your home.
We invite you to contact us today to schedule a free consultation. This collaborative exchange of ideas will be the first step towards realizing the home of your dreams and give you the most accurate estimate of what to expect moving forward.